The Pertronic Net2 Network connects multiple fire panels, Net2 Network Control Units (Net2 NCU) and Net2 remote displays into a single fault-tolerant system.
On a Pertronic Net2 Network:
- Any or all connected fire panels can be controlled and monitored from any Net2 Network Control Unit
- Information from any connected panel(s) can be viewed on any Net2 NCU or Net2 remote display
- Events anywhere on the network can trigger or influence events at any connected fire panel
A Pertronic Net2 Network may include up to 133 Net2 Network Cards (“nodes”). Each network card may be configured to interface one of the following devices to the Net2 Network.
- F220 fire panel (FP)
- Modbus master device
- Pertronic FireMap® work-station
A network may have multiple Modbus and/or FireMap interfaces.
In addition, a network card may connect with up to eight Net2 NCUs, each of which may provide full control and monitoring of any or all fire detection and alarm systems connected to the network.
Adaptive messaging in the Pertronic Net2 Network prioritises alarms and important control signals to ensure rapid transmission even under extreme network load situations.
- Up to 100,000 panel-to-panel object mappings per Net2 Network System
- 5,000 object mappings to any individual fire panel
- 640 configurable network inputs per fire panel (multiple objects may be mapped to each input)
- 359 logical inputs per fire panel
- Supports zone numbers from 0 to 64,999
- Bi-directional Modbus interface provides:
-- 3,000 Boolean Nodal Mapping Objects (NMOs)
-- Ability to map up to 8 timers from any FPs on the network to Modbus registers. (Multiple timers may be mapped to a single register. The total number of mapped timers must not exceed 8.)
-- Mappable I/O watchdog
- Plain text descriptors for network inputs, NMOs, NCUs, and remote displays (mini-mimics)
- If the network watchdog system detects an error, it will deactivate any mappings affected by that error
- Plug-in fibre-optic modules allow the standard network interface to support a mix of twisted-pair copper (RS-485) and/or fibre-optic network segments
- The network is programmable from a single point using Ethernet-connected Pertronic FireUtils®. Upload times for typical networks:
-- 34 nodes: Less than one minute
-- 130 nodes: Less than five minutes
- Automatic fault supervision system detects a range of faults including earth faults on copper segments, circuit breaks, and FP or node configuration changes
- A single cable fault anywhere in the Net2 Ring Circuit will not interrupt network operation
- Automatic system-wide clock synchronisation
- Automatic clock adjustment for daylight saving
- System time and date adjustable from any fire panel
- Users can reset or disable individual loop devices, alarm routing, timers, logic blocks, and network inputs from any Net2 NCU
- Loop devices can be tested from any Net2 NCU
- Recent Network Event log, and FP logs, accessible from Net2 NCUs, FPs, and full function panel mimics
- FP data logs downloadable to FireUtils® from any node
- NET2CARD Linux OS diagnostic logs are available for analysis by Pertronic technical support engineers
F220 & Net2 Compatibility Tables