This Pertronic Modbus interface unit connects a Protectowire Fibre System 8000 linear heat detection system (LHD) with an F220 fire system.
The interface connects to the fire panel's RS-485 bus and communicates with the LHD via Modbus. It can be mounted inside the fire panel, or at a remote location.
This interface utilises the fire panel's loop emulation capability. Each zone on the LHD cable is mapped to a device on an emulated analogue addressable loop.
The Modbus connection is galvanically isolated from the fire panel’s RS-485 bus.
- Compatible with Pertronic F220 fire panels
- Functions as Modbus master device
- Modbus connection configurable RS-232 or RS-485, 300 bit/s to 115,200 bit/s
- Supports Modbus TCP when connected to a Modbus Serial to Modbus TCP Gateway
- Emulates up to four analogue addressable loops. (Note that the total number of actual and emulated loops cannot exceed the panel’s maximum loop capacity)
- Supports up to 100 fibre-optic LHD detection zones per emulated loop (maximum 4 x 100)
- Each zone on the LHD cable is mapped to a device on an emulated analogue addressable loop
- Each emulated heat detector can report pre-alarm and fibre break as well as alarm signals
- Optional fault supervision between the fibre-optic LHD interface and fire panel
- Configurable with a PC running a terminal emulation program via USB mini-B cable
- On-board LEDs provide diagnostic information
- Electrically isolated from the fire panel’s RS-485 bus
- Also compatible with F120A fire panels with v5.0 or later firmware
SPIB Interface-Protectowire Fibre8000